+1 713 975 1551


Adjustment of status

Adjustment of Status for Permanent Residence (Immigration) in the U.S. – I-485.

Adjustment of status is the process that you can use to apply for lawful permanent resident status (also known as applying for a Green Card) when you are present in the United States. This means that you may get a Green Card without having to return to your home country to complete visa processing.

If you are outside of the United States, you must obtain your visa abroad through consular processing.

This text is also available in: enEnglish esEspañol